Date of Last Revision: 14 November 2016
What kinds of information do we collect?
Depending on which Services you use, we collect different kinds of information from or about you.
- Localization data. We collect localization data and meta-data of the objects you associate with a Kizy Tracker. This localization data might come from the device itself, but also from third party services that are linked to the device.
- Things you do and information you provide. We collect the content and other information you provide when you use our Services, including when you sign up for an account, create or share, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide, such as the location of a message or the date an event was created. We also collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content you view or the frequency and duration of your activities.
- Information about payments. If you use our Services for purchases or financial transactions (like when you buy something on the Kizy Tracking shop), we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This can include your payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, and other account and authentication information, as well as billing, shipping and contact details. If the payment occurs on third party financial service, we don’t retain any card information.
- Device information. We collect information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access our Services, depending on the permissions you’ve granted. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent Services across your devices. Here are some examples of the information we collect:
- Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers.
- Device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals.
- Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
- Information from websites and apps that use our Services. We collect information when you visit or use third-party websites and apps that use our Services. This includes information about the websites and apps you visit, your use of our Services on those websites and apps, as well as information the developer or publisher of the app or website provides to you or us.
- Information from third-party partners. We receive information about you and your activities from third-party partners, such as information from a partner when we jointly offer services or from an advertiser about your experiences or interactions with them.
How do we use this information?
We are passionate about creating engaging and customized experiences for people. We use all the information we have to help us provide and support our Services. Here’s how:
- Provide, improve and develop Services. We are able to deliver our Services, personalize content, and make suggestions for you by using this information to understand how you use and interact with our Services and the people or things you’re connected to on and off our Services.We might conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyse the information we have to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new products or features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
- Communicate with you. We use your information to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Services and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
- Promote safety and security. We use the information we have to help verify accounts and activity, and to promote safety and security on and off of our Services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies. We work hard to protect your account using teams of engineers, automated systems, and advanced technology such as encryption and machine learning. We also offer easy-to-use security tools that add an extra layer of security to your account.
How is this information shared?
Sharing On Our Services
We allow our user to share information about their data with others. We make this possible by sharing your information in the following ways:
- People you share and communicate with. When you share and communicate using our Services, you choose who can see what you share.
- Apps, websites and third-party integrations on or using our Services. When you use third-party apps, websites or other services that use, or are integrated with, our Services, they may receive information about you. Information collected by these apps, websites or integrated services is subject to their own terms and policies.
- New owner. If the ownership or control of all or part of our Services or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Sharing With Third-Party Partners and Customers
We work with third party companies who help us provide and improve our Services. Here are the types of third parties we can share information with about you:
- Measurement and Analytics Services (Non-Personally Identifiable Information Only). We want our solution to be as relevant and exact as possible, and to understand how objects are being tracked all over the world. With this in mind, we collect all possible data in an anonymous way to generate valuable information for you and our customers. We may provide these partners with statistics of shipments, problems and exceptions, transit times or meta-generated data. This information is provided in an aggregated form and shall not enable to identify you or the object tracked as such.
- Vendors, service providers and other partners. We might transmit your contact data to third party partners to solicit you for Kizy-related products. We do not transmit your contact data to third parties for other marketing reasons. You can opt-out by notifying us sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
How can I manage or delete information about me?
If you want us to delete the information about you, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above. Information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted, unless we no longer need the data to provide products and services.
How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests here we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, we may provide information to third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud and abuse on and off of our Services. Information we receive about you, including financial transaction data related to purchases made with Kizy Tracking, may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also may retain information from accounts disabled for violations of our terms for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other violations of our terms.
How our global services operate
Kizy Tracking may share information internally within our family of companies or with third parties for purposes described in this policy. Information collected within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) may, for example, be transferred to countries outside of the EEA for the purposes as described in this policy. We utilize standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission, adopt other means under European Union law, and obtain your consent to legitimize data transfers from the EEA to the United States and other countries.
You can contact us using the information provided below with questions or concerns.
How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
We’ll notify you before we make changes to this policy and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised policy before continuing to use our Services.
To contact us, please write us at
Kizy Tracking SA